Paperless charts are another way of describing our computerized management system. All of your information, from treatment history and health information to digital radiographs and photographs is stored electronically and can be accessed by our team instantly. Your visits are more efficient thanks to this advancement in organization. And, it uses far less paper materials than traditional files. This also helps the environment.
DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHS (X-RAYS)
Digital radiographs are a technological advancement that results in far less radiation for our patients and an almost instantaneous picture for the dentist. Unlike traditional, film-based radiographs, digital radiographs can be enlarged to show more detail and can be archived in our system for future reference and comparison. You will appreciate a more comfortable visit with less waiting and quicker treatment. We are pleased to offer the NOMAD machine for our digital xrays. The NOMAD has less radiation than ambient air!
An intraoral camera lets you see inside your mouth during both treatment planning and dental procedures. Our intraoral camera displays your teeth on a video screen, allowing Dr. Myers to walk you through your proposed treatment. The use of this camera allows us to work with you as a team to meet your dental care goals. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss your treatment options with you. We want you to picture how your appearance will improve with dental care, giving you all the more reason to smile.
DENTAL CONE BEAM COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CBCT)
Dental cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a special type of x-ray equipment used when regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. We may use this technology to produce three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan. This special type of x-ray machine used in situations where regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient.
This painless scan is done right in our office and may be prescribed for more complex cases that involve:
· surgical planning for impacted teeth.
· diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
· accurate placement of dental implants.
· evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
· detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
· determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
The following is a list of reasons why your insurance claims should be filed electronically.
1. Speeds Up Your Payment Time.
2. Reduces Paperwork Time and Errors.
3. Lowers and sometimes eliminates costs for postage, envelopes and forms
4. Increases Cash Flow.
5. Process Most of Your Claims.
6. Fewer Radiograph Submission With Claims.
7. Frees Up Time Of Front Office Staff.
8. Claims Cannot Be “Lost” By the Insurance Carrier.
9. Checks and Balances Made for Data Integrity.
10. Confidentiality Of Claims.
CARIVU CARIES DETECTION DEVICE
DEXIS CariVu is a compact, portable caries detection device that allows us to see us to see through your tooth and expose any developing cavities. It uses transillumination technology that makes enamel appear transparent while porous lesions trap and absorb light. This non-ionizing radiation is ideal for children, pregnant women and patients who are X‑ray averse.